Click here to
show your support
for the NCM
C5 Idle Relearn Procedure
This page basically shows you step by step how to do an Idle Relearn. You would want to do this if you have done any intake modifications. If you do not do this, you may have hesitation or other issues.
Do the Job
Follow these procedures EXACTLY or you will have to start from scratch.
- Insert key into ignition and turn to the "On" position but, DO NOT START THE ENGINE.
- Pop open the engine fuse block box cover and remove the two 10amp fuses from position numbers 16 & 23.
- Your DIC will now display "check" messages for ABS, etc...
- Turn ignition to the "Off" position.
- Re-insert both 10amp fuses for positions 16 & 23.
- Start your engine
- Allow engine coolant temperature to reach a minimum of 176 degrees F and run at this minimum temperature for at least 5 minutes.
- Shut down engine
- Let rest for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Restart engine - check for DIC error codes (there should be none).
- Drive car for a minimum of 30 miles at varying rpm settings and speeds. PCM will now re-learn and adjust for the new air flow and air temperature at the intake.
This page was last updated on 06/06/01 by Redshift
Copyright © 2000-2017 C5Forum.com. All Rights Reserved.